Chesterton House regularly hosts interns to assist with the work of the ministry and provide further training and opportunities for students and recent graduates. Internships may last one or two semesters.
- Publicity and Event Support. Most recently, this has been a 25 hr./week position for an academic year that works closely with the Executive Director on programming, including event planning, logistics, publicity, etc. Ideal for a recent Cornell grad who knows the campus and needs part time employment during post-graduate season of discernment while applications are prepared for graduate school or full-time employment.
- Seminary Interns. We have also hosted seminary interns in cooperation with a local church. The content of the internship varies depending on the interests of the intern and requirements of the seminary internship, but may include some speaking and preaching among other tasks.
Other possibilities abound–‘fix-it man,’ audio/video production, court jester, etc.
Chesterton House is generally able to provide housing for interns in one of our residential facilities, and sometimes a modest stipend as well. Some interns also raise their own support.
CCO Fellowship Program
Intensive training, intentional growth, life-changing ministry.
The CCO Fellowship Program is a one-year opportunity (June 1 through May 31) to minister to college students while being mentored by an experienced CCO staff member. The fellowship program provides intensive Biblical and ministry training, intentional opportunities for growth and ministry experience, and much more. At the end of your fellowship year you have the opportunity to continue into the career track of full-time campus ministry staff with the CCO!
As a CCO Fellow:
- You become part of a vibrant community and gain access to the CCO’s vast network of campus ministry training, resources, and support.
- You get to engage in deep exploration of personal calling, ministry, and work.
- You gain practical experience in discipleship, leading Bible studies, outreach & evangelism, and campus ministry leadership.
Who is it for?
- Recent college graduates who are passionate about college ministry and want to explore pursuing it as a vocation.
- People who have the desire to develop their ministry and leadership skills.
- CCO student leaders are great candidates to consider the program!
How do the finances work?
- This is a full-time/paid fellowship position. Housing is provided and CCO Fellows receive a monthly stipend from support-raising efforts.
If you are interested in serving as an intern with Chesterton House, click here.